Recipe by Milk & Cookies
I don't like my cornmeal muffins to be really crunchy, so I warmed up the milk and let the cornmeal soak. I ended up with a muffin that's crispy on the outside and just the right texture on the inside. These tasted just like the ones I first made in home ec. class. If you like the idea of cornmeal muffins but not the texture (gritty) these are for you. They are for us.
Top Review by Debbb
Wonderful! I was a little worried because my batter seemed exceptionally runny. But, the finished product was exactly as described - crispy on the outside & moist & creamy tasting on the inside!
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (warmed)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornmeal and warmed milk, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Add egg and butter to cornmeal mixture, mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just mixed. (do not overmix).
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400°F.