Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
There's one recipe here that's fairly similar to this one, but the proportions are a little different. These are my favourite accompaniment to bacon and eggs or huevos rancheros on a Saturday morning. (And if you're like me and can't stand washing and drying muffin tins, just bake it in a greased 8x8 or 9-inch round pan like a cake. Same baking time, same taste, WAY less mess and clean-up!!)
Top Review by Gerry
Served these Cornmeal Muffins along with a pot of homemade soup. Serving muffins in place of the usual buns or biscuits added variety to our evening meal. I used muffin tins - which made for great eye appeal. Next time around will be giving the 8x8 pan a go - and there will be a next time. I am going to have to try them with huevos rancheros one of these weekend mornings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, milk and oil; add to dry mix.
- Combine until just moistened -- batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 400F for about 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
- Serve warm with honey and butter.