Any bread recipe that doesn't require a lot of kneading always catches my eye. Preparation time is cut because these rolls only need to rise once before baking.
- Place boiling water in small bowl. Slowly add cornmeal, stirring constantly, until well mixed. Add molasses, 3 tablespoons butter and salt. Stir until butter is melted. Stir in egg; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine warm water and yeast in another small bowl. Stir until yeast is dissolved.
- Place flour in large bowl. Add cornmeal and yeast mixtures; stir until soft dough forms. Turn dough onto well-floured surface. Knead with well-floured hands until ball forms (1 to 2 minutes). (Dough will be sticky.) Cut dough into 16 pieces with sharp knife.
- Shape each piece of dough into ball with well-floured hands. Place balls into well greased 10-inch cast iron skillet or 9-inch round baking pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size (30 to 45 minutes).
- Heat oven to 375Â°F.
- Bake rolls for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and rolls sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Serve warm.