these pancakes are soft and delicate with just a hint of the molasses flavor..these resemble an etheral cornbread in the shape of a puffy flat cake. serve them Missouri style, with maple syrup and crisp bacon
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, molasses and melted butter.
- add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- add the cornmeal last, stirring just until combined; the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- drop by tablespoons ful on a hot greased griddle until bubbles form around the outer edges.
- turn and brown on the other side --
- serve with butter and sorghum molasses or maple syrup.