1/1 Photo of Cornmeal Molasses Pancakes
these pancakes are soft and delicate with just a hint of the molasses flavor..these resemble an etheral cornbread in the shape of a puffy flat cake. serve them Missouri style, with maple syrup and crisp bacon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, molasses and melted butter.
- 2add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- 3add the cornmeal last, stirring just until combined; the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- 4drop by tablespoons ful on a hot greased griddle until bubbles form around the outer edges.
- 5turn and brown on the other side --
- 6serve with butter and sorghum molasses or maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Molasses Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 209.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g