A recipe adapted from a famous, anal retentive, control freak, home making guru (she irons her sheets for goodness sake) and as such, is overly complicated yet... yields delicious results. A different kind of cookie that offers a wonderful finish to a Mexican meal/dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons lime zest (roughly 6 limes)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (roughly 6 limes)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (roughly 2 oranges)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup yeallow cornmeal, plus more for coating glass
- 1Cream butter and sugar 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add egg and beat until JUST combined.
- 3Add zests, lime juice and extract.
- 4Add flour and cornmeal and mix until well blended.
- 5Cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- 6Form into a disc (why? Beats me) and chill, at least, 1 hour.
- 7Roll heaping teaspoons of dough into balls and place on baking stones (or lined baking sheets) 3" apart.
- 8Dip bottom of a medium drinking glass into a bowl filled with the cornmeal and flatten balls with the bottom of the glass until dough is 1/4" thick.
- 9Bake cookies at 350 until golden brown around the edges, about 14-16 minutes.
- 10When cookies cool pour lime glaze (mix ingredients together) over them.
- 11Let glaze set.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Lime Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 59.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: