Recipe by TxGriffLover
From the Italian Inn Cookbook. These are wonderful delicate rolls. They have never failed to come out perfect, and you can bake them right after you stir them up, or put them in the frig and bake them later.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 4 -5 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald milk and add sugar, butter and salt.
- Let cool.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Beat eggs. Mix cornmeal and cold milk together.
- Add yeast mixture and scalded milk to eggs.
- Add cornmeal mixture. Stir in flour.
- Put dough in greased bowl, and allow to rise until doubled in bulk, covered with waxed paper and towel. Punch dough down.
- Make into rolls and allow to rise, or place in refrigerator until ready to use. Will keep 2 to 3 days in refrigerator. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter after forming them.
- Cook at 425º 12 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven.