Recipe by BrindleGirlD
I ate this as a treat with my best friend After School. It is called Funche, a Puerto Rican polenta mush. It is Sooo Good,it's warm,creamy and a bit sweet.I Use Harina de maiz mas fina(A very fine cornmeal, Goya makes it)) so its smooth not grainy.I have been searching for quite sometime but in wrong places, not thinking it was like mush but sweet :o(. I found a similar version of this on elboriqua.com.I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I also add sugar with the cornmeal so it dissolves, but that is a personal taste as to the amount of sweetness.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- sugar, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal (very fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring milk, water ,salt(if using)and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat and gradually add cornmeal,sugar to taste if using, continually stirring.
- Return pot to stovetop over medium- heat stirring until it thickens up.
- Serve in a bowl warm with added sugar or milk if desired as breakfast cereal or treat. You can add some fruit to make it een healthier.