Prep 12 mins
Cook 13 mins
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 cup finely shredded colby cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 2⁄3 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and cornmeal mix.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender, two knives or your fingertips until pieces are about the size of peas.
- Stir in cheese, parsley and buttermilk until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until light brown.
- Makes 12 to 14 biscuits.
I added 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno chiles w/out seeds & used mexican cotija dry cheese instead.WOW what a hit w/my south of the border friends & partys.