Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Princess Pamela's Soul Food Cookbook, putting here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Cornmeal Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare dumplings while turnip greens are cooking.
- Slowly stir cornmeal and salt into boiling water.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Dissolve baking soda into sour milk.
- Alternately add flour and milk to cornmeal.
- Then add the egg and beat the mixture for 1 minute.
- Drop by spoonfuls on top of turnip greens. Cover and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- To serve remove dumplings with slotted spoon to a deep serving platter. Drain the greens and arrange on serving platter. Pour the pot likker over the dumplings. Enjoy.