Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Goes well with stew :P
Make and share this Cornmeal Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt
- in med bowl. Cut in butter with fingers, pastry
- blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles.
- coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in center; pour in milk all at once and stir with fork until mixture forms dough.
- Drop dough onto stew to make 6 dumplings.
- Cover and simmer 18 minutes or until dumplings are firm to the touch and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.