1/3 Photos of Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia With Black Beans and Salsa
From "Everyday Foods" No. 29 (Jan./Feb. 2006).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup salsa (use your favorite prepared salsa)
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (four 4-oz. fillets)
- 1/3 cup cornmeal (yellow)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Spicy Black Beans
- 1Prepare black beans: Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- 2Add two cans of drained and rinsed black beans and one cup water.
- 3Bring to a simmer; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 15 inutes. (If you want a thinner consistency, add more water to taste). Season with coarse salt to taste, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- 4Prepare tilapia: In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal and paprika; add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Dredge each tilapia fillet in cornmeal mixture, patting it carefully on to cover completely.
- 6In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook as many fillets as you can (without crowding) until golden and firm (about 2-4 minutes per side).
- 7Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- 8Serve tilapia with black beans and salsa.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia With Black Beans and Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 261.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 38.0 g