Recipe by MechanicalJen
My sister-in-law got me Pampered Chef's "Cooking for Two or More" for Christmas. This one definitely stuck out at me delicate, springy, and great tasty potential! I can't wait to make it.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, yellow
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon ice water
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 peaches, small and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. For crust, combine flour, sugar, cornmeal and salt. Mix well. Add butter and blend thoroughly. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over mixture and toss gently with a fork. Add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture is moist enough to form into a ball when pressed with hands.
- Gather pastry into a ball and knead dough 5 times. Divine dough in half, flatten into 2 1/2 inch thick disks. Flatten until you get a 6 inch circle. Repeat.
- For filling, combine preserves and flour until well blended. Cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add peaches, toss lightly. Spoon half of fruit mixture into each dough circle to within 1 inch of edge. Fold edges of dough in toward center. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Transfer tarts to small pan. Bake 32 to 34 minutes, or until crust is deep golden brown. Serve at room temperature.