Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was distributed at my WW meeting this evening and I came to the site fully expecting that it had been posted and I could save it to one of my cookbooks. Lo and behold, I am the first and while I have not tried this I don't want to lose is as I am apt to do with the card.
- 118.29 ml yellow cornmeal
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk
- 0.13-0.19 ml hot sauce
- 4 (907.18 g) catfish fillets
- 453.59 g asparagus, steamed
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl combine the cornmeal with all the powdered spices listed. In a second bowl add the milk and hot sauce (if desired).
- Dredge the cleaned catfish fillets in the milk, then dip into the cornmeal coating on both sides. You may need to press down a bit to make sure the cornmeal adheres to the fish.
- Place the coated fillets on the baking sheet and give the tops a light shot of cooking spray for crispness.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool for a minute before serving.
- Plate with 1/4 asparagus and a lemon wedge.
Tasty recipe. Made for 123 HITS
I wasn't crazy about the taste of the smoked paprika! I think I would have liked it much more if I left it out.