Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tasty fried chicken!
Make and share this Cornmeal-Crusted Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry southwest seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, legs and thighs)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; place rack in jellyroll pan.
- In medium bowl, beat egg with milk; reserve.
- In separate shallow bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, seasonings, salt and pepper; reserve.
- Add enough oil to large, deep skillet to come up 1 inch; heat to 350 degrees on deep-frying thermometer.
- Meanwhile, coat chicken pieces with egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then coat with cornmeal mixture; place on sheet of wax paper.
- Fry chicken in batches, turning once, until golden, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels; transfer to rack in jellyroll plan.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink near bone, about 35 minutes.