1 hr 5 mins
Tasty fried chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees; place rack in jellyroll pan.
- 2In medium bowl, beat egg with milk; reserve.
- 3In separate shallow bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, seasonings, salt and pepper; reserve.
- 4Add enough oil to large, deep skillet to come up 1 inch; heat to 350 degrees on deep-frying thermometer.
- 5Meanwhile, coat chicken pieces with egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then coat with cornmeal mixture; place on sheet of wax paper.
- 6Fry chicken in batches, turning once, until golden, 3-4 minutes per side.
- 7Drain on paper towels; transfer to rack in jellyroll plan.
- 8Bake until chicken is no longer pink near bone, about 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal-Crusted Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.5
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.6 mg
- Sodium 536.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning