Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup water, 110f to 115f
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Measuring carefully, place all ingredients except 1 tablespoon cornmeal in bread machine pan in order specified by owner's manual Program basic dough cycle setting press start.
- Remove dough from bread machine pan; let rest 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pat and gently stretch dough into 14- to 15-inch circle.
- Spray 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cornmeal Press dough into pan.
- Follow topping and baking directions for individual recipes.
I used this for a thick pizza crust and it worked quite well for this. Easy to make in the breadmaker and the dough was a great consistency ie not sticky at all and I could lightly roll it out. Good recipe, Recipenut!