Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
As soon as I saw this recipe in Bon Appetit I knew I had to try it. The healthy ingredients are perfect for our new lifestyle and great for autumn. This may be my new raisin bread :)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries (I used a mix of dried cherries and golden raisins)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (flours- sugar).
- Mix buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, mixing with a fork.
- Add in pecans and dried fruit of choice.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, bake for 1 hour or add 10 minutes, or until done.
- Cool on rack for 20 minutes, turn out of pan.
Wow! Can't believe this has gone so long without a single review.. It's great.. I subbed vanilla yogurt for the buttermilk..Had a tin of candied pecans that needed to be used so crunched them up a bit. Of course I love,love, love baking bread in my cast iron loaf pans...Sweet but not overly sweet.. Nice density. Great for toasting or french toast...