Recipe by Chef Hawgwild
Very easy crab cakes, makes great appetizer.
Top Review by Lazarus
These were all right. Very easy to make, and light on the budget (I opted for the imitation crab). There was nothing bad about the flavour, but I have to admit they didn't knock my socks off either. The predominant flavour was cornmeal. Mine turned out quite thick, so It's possible this may have contributed. Real crab meat may have been more flavourful as well. All in all, not a bad recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 1 lb crabmeat (imitation is fine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl add the eggs, cornmeal, mayonnaise, and oil; mix well with a whisk.
- Add water slowly until a batter forms (you may not have to use all the water); if its too thick add more water.
- Whisk in pepper, salt, garlic, and mustard.
- Chop crab meat into fine pieces, or shred and add to batter.
- Spoon onto a hot griddle or pan and cook them like pancakes, flipping to cook both sides.