Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's a coffee cake with a different little spin!
Make and share this Cornmeal Coffee Cake With Strawberry Preserves recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray one 9-inch round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cornmeal mix and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Add to the cornmeal mixture, stirring just until well combined.
- Spread batter into prepared cake pan.
- Spoon strawberry preserves evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle the top lightly with sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center is almost clean when removed. (The strawberry preserves may stick on the knife.)
- Serve warm.