1/2 Photos of Cornmeal Chili Pepper Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here's a savory biscotti served as an appetizer or with soup! The recipe came from 1999 cookbook, Cookies for Christmas. Preparation time does not include initial cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- 2In a large mixing bowl beat cheese & butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Add chili peppers, baking powder, salt & pepper, beating until combined, & scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- 4Beat in eggs, then beat in cornmeal & as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- 5Using a wooden spoon or your hands, stir or knead in any remaining flour.
- 6Divide dough in half, & shape each half into a 9-inch long loaf.
- 7Place loaves about 5 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- 8Flatten slightly to about 3 inches wide.
- 9Bake 30-35 minutes or until light brown.
- 10Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.
- 11When cooled, preheat oven to 325 degrees F, & transfer loaves to cutting board to cut each loaf into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 12Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet & bake for 15 minutes.
- 13Turn slices over & bake another 15 minutes or more or until cookies are dry & crisp.
- 14Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Chili Pepper Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 88.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g