Cook1 hr 5 mins
Here's a savory biscotti served as an appetizer or with soup! The recipe came from 1999 cookbook, Cookies for Christmas. Preparation time does not include initial cooling time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cheese & butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add chili peppers, baking powder, salt & pepper, beating until combined, & scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs, then beat in cornmeal & as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Using a wooden spoon or your hands, stir or knead in any remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half, & shape each half into a 9-inch long loaf.
- Place loaves about 5 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly to about 3 inches wide.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.
- When cooled, preheat oven to 325 degrees F, & transfer loaves to cutting board to cut each loaf into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet & bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn slices over & bake another 15 minutes or more or until cookies are dry & crisp.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.