1/1 Photo of Cornmeal-Cherry Cookies
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From Martha Stewart Living. Made by a co-worker for a cookie exchange. The parchment-wrapped dough can be placed in a resealable plastic bag and frozen for 3 months. The dough can be sliced while partially frozen, then baked for the same amount of time. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Be sure to rotate the log a quarter turn after making each slice. This will help it maintain its shape.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- 2With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in vanilla, egg, and orange zest. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat until just combined.
- 4Stir in cherries.
- 5Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface; pat into a log, 8 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- 6Wrap dough in parchment; form it into a rectangle by flattening the top and sides with your hands.
- 7Twist ends of parchment to seal. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F; line two baking sheets with parchment.
- 9Slice dough 1/4 inch thick, rotating log 1/4 turn after each slice.
- 10Place 1/2 inch apart on baking sheets.
- 11Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 12Cool cookies on a wire rack. Store in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal-Cherry Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 17.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of