Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist and tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mash cottage cheese with a fork; add milk, oil and egg.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and thyme.
- Fill greased of paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400* for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.