Recipe by KGCOOK
These biscuits are easy to whip together and bake up nice. I found this recipe in a Taste of Home book. They are great with ham or turkey dinners. Also good with chili or other favorite soups.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Stir in cheese and milk just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.