I got this recipe from a fellow Ukrainian Dance Mom. It never fails and is so good. Full of calories and flavour, I'm afraid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the bacon crisp in an oven proof dutch oven.
- 2Remove bacon and set aside.
- 3In a separate pot, scald the 6 Celsius milk. Add the chicken bouillon mix, keep hot.
- 4Meanwhile, add butter and onion to the dutch oven - saute until onion is tender.
- 5Add cornmeal, mix well.
- 6Carefully add the milk to to cornmeal mixture to avoid lumps.
- 7Cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8When thick, turn off heat.
- 9Add bacon to the cornmeal mixture.
- 10Whip 6 eggs to a nice froth, add the sugar.
- 11Fold into cornmeal mixture. When it is conformly mixed, do the same with the cream.
- 12Butter large casserole, pour mixture inches.
- 13Bake 30 - 45 minutes in a 350°F oven depending on if you prefer it like breakfast cereal or more like cake.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Casserole - Ukrainian Nachynka
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.3
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 210.2 mg
- Sodium 557.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 14.2 g