Recipe by silly sally
I have had this recipe for over 20 years. One of my girlfriends at the time gave me this recipe, and I used to make it often for my family. It was easy, inexpensive, and they LIKED it!!
Top Review by Angie in St. Charles
This was super easy to put together and very tasty. I did add salt and pepper. But other than that, I followed the recipe as posted. We all enjoyed it tonight. I think I might try adding some cheddar cheese to it next time and serve it with sour cream. Thanks for posting an easy and great tasting recipe.
Corn meal crust
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives, sliced (drained)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, vacum packed
- 2 cups tomatoes (canned or fresh OR 1 can)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in frying pan, and brown until ground beef is cooked.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Corn meal:.
- Make mixture of all ingredients.
- Put meat filling in bottom of greased 9" X 13" pan.
- Pour corn meal mixture over filling.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.