Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I have had this recipe for over 20 years. One of my girlfriends at the time gave me this recipe, and I used to make it often for my family. It was easy, inexpensive, and they LIKED it!!
Corn meal crust
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives, sliced (drained)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, vacum packed
- 2 cups tomatoes (canned or fresh OR 1 can)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Mix all ingredients in frying pan, and brown until ground beef is cooked.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Corn meal:.
- Make mixture of all ingredients.
- Put meat filling in bottom of greased 9" X 13" pan.
- Pour corn meal mixture over filling.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
This was super easy to put together and very tasty. I did add salt and pepper. But other than that, I followed the recipe as posted. We all enjoyed it tonight. I think I might try adding some cheddar cheese to it next time and serve it with sour cream. Thanks for posting an easy and great tasting recipe.