Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Meal by themselves. Great with the grilled corn and black bean salad, or with salsa, guacamole and a salad
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 small green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 200°F and line baking sheet with paper towels and put inside oven.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, mustard, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add carrots, green onion, cheese, egg and milk; mix well.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. scoop tablespoonfuls of batter into pan. spread flat with back of spoon to about 3 inch diameter.
- Cook cakes 2 - 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to prepared pan in oven to keep warm.
- Serve hot.
Good snack :)
These were very good, and looked wonderful! I did however find that the amount of flour was a little too much, as the batter was really thick and when cooked, a little pasty. But a little more milk...and all was good. Thanks for sharing!