1/1 Photo of Cornmeal Cake
I have been using this recipe for many years and is the best I came across so far. Very easy to make, very moist and taste fantastic. Cornemeal cake is very common in Brazil , where I come from and goes very nice with a cup of fresh brewed coffee or even a nice cup of tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven at 200°C.
- 2Lightly oil (or butter) a non-stick 30 cm cake pan.
- 3Mix the eggs yolk with sugar and oil.
- 4Boil the milk and pour on the cornmeal, on a separated bowl,mixing well.
- 5Mix this to the eggs mixture.
- 6Sift the flour with the baking powder and add to the mixture.
- 7On a clean bowl whisk the eggs white and fold into the mixture.
- 8Pour this to the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the tester come out clean.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 154.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g