Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve these with 'Chili Con Carne for 2' or a can o' chili.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In oven, melt butter in baking pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Stir baking mix, cornmeal and water with fork to soft dough.
- Turn onto floured cloth-coverred board; smooth dough into ball and knead 5 times.
- Roll into rectangle, 6x4 inches.
- Cut into 8 strips, 4x1/4 inch.
- Dip each strip into melted butter, coating all sides, and arrange in pan.
- Sprinkle salt lightly on strips.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.