This recipe is a hearty breakfast cereal that is packed with vitamins and fiber. Top this deliciously different cereal with maple syrup of molasses. The recipe is adapted from Oat Cuisine by Bobbie Hinman.
- Add the water to a medium size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- While the water is coming to a boil, combine the oat bran, polenta, and cinnamon.
- When water boils, whisk in the oat bran mixture using a wire whisk to prevent lumps.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the dried fruit, divide the cereal between 2 bowls and drizzle with warmed maple syrup or molasses.
- May add a touch of cream if desired.
a filling, nutritious breakfast. very bland without the maple syrup, but luckily I had it on hand:)
This is a very different type of porridge that is quick and easy to make. A good healthy breakfast when you are looking for a break from oatmeal. DH said it was lacking depth and suggested adding nuts and maybe more raisins.
This was lovely for a change of pace for brekky, a bit different from your regular porridge. I topped with a little maple & some vanilla yoghurt, lovely thanks!