Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is a hearty breakfast cereal that is packed with vitamins and fiber. Top this deliciously different cereal with maple syrup of molasses. The recipe is adapted from Oat Cuisine by Bobbie Hinman.
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup polenta or 1⁄3 cup coarse yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups water
- maple syrup (optional)
- molasses (optional)
- cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the water to a medium size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- While the water is coming to a boil, combine the oat bran, polenta, and cinnamon.
- When water boils, whisk in the oat bran mixture using a wire whisk to prevent lumps.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the dried fruit, divide the cereal between 2 bowls and drizzle with warmed maple syrup or molasses.
- May add a touch of cream if desired.