1/3 Photos of Cornmeal Breakfast Combo
This recipe is a hearty breakfast cereal that is packed with vitamins and fiber. Top this deliciously different cereal with maple syrup of molasses. The recipe is adapted from Oat Cuisine by Bobbie Hinman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the water to a medium size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 2While the water is coming to a boil, combine the oat bran, polenta, and cinnamon.
- 3When water boils, whisk in the oat bran mixture using a wire whisk to prevent lumps.
- 4Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- 5Stir in the dried fruit, divide the cereal between 2 bowls and drizzle with warmed maple syrup or molasses.
- 6May add a touch of cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Breakfast Combo
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g