This recipe is designed for a contact grill, such as a George Foreman. It is adapted from a recipe at About.com by Linda Larsen. Be sure to leave yourself time for the breaded chicken to rest 30 minutes before grilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken and pat it dry.
- 2It works best thin, so put the chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper and pound them to about 1/3" thick.
- 3Pour beaten egg in shallow bowl.
- 4In a shallow dish or pan, combine basil, oregano, pepper, salt, and grated cheese.
- 5Brush chicken with the lemon juice, then dip both sides in the beaten egg.
- 6Next, coat chicken with the cornmeal mixture.
- 7Let chicken sit on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes.
- 8Spray George Foreman two sided grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- 9Cook chicken for 4-7 minutes until thoroughly cooked, brown and crisp.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Breaded Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 258.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g