Recipe by Dorel
This is a healthy recipe with the wheat germ in it. This is from the Kretschmer Wheat Germ web site. I didn't have skim evaporated milk, used powdered buttermilk and water. Used 1 egg and no egg white. I find when the muffins are cold they don't stick to the paper. They will tend to stick if you don't use the oil. I fill the muffin cups very full as the batter is think and doesn't run over the top when they start to bake.
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml kretschmer wheat germ, any flavor
- 6.16 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml fat-free evaporated milk or 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml nonfat yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 236.59-473.18 ml fresh blueberries or 236.59-473.18 ml frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400* Grease or paper line 12 muffin cups, or 6 jumbo size muffin cups.
- Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, wheat germ and baking powder in large bowl.
- Combine milk, vegetable oil, yogurt, egg and egg white in small bowl, stir until blended.
- Add to corn meal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes for 12 muffins or about 25 minutes for 6 or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool slightly.