Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cornmeal just adds that extra crispness that I LOVE so much! I love these with some good quality all-fruit preserves. Yum!
- 1 egg (or equivalent)
- 3⁄4 cup milk (can use lowfat or skim)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your waffle maker and set oven temp to"warm" (so you can keep the waffles warm while the others are cooking).
- Place all ingredients in a blender container.
- Cover and process at med-high speed until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not overblend.
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids.
- Close waffle maker gently and bake until steam no longer escapes (about 3-5 min).
- Remove waffle with a fork and place on baking sheet to keep warm in the oven.
- Garnish as desired and Enjoy!
Mixed by hand and served with chili over the top.
Very nice, served topped with creamed chipped beef gravy. Next time I'll serve topped with chicken & gravy (and will definitely double the recipe, as this barely makes 4 full sized waffles). Would also be nice topped with honey & butter. Thanks for sharing!
This is THE perfect recipe for my cast-iron waffle iron. Wonderful!