Recipe by TiaGem
Cornmeal just adds that extra crispness that I LOVE so much! I love these with some good quality all-fruit preserves. Yum!
Top Review by Tiffany B.
I made them tonight in the blender and stored the batter in the blender container in the fridge, I plan on cooking them on our electric Mickey Mouse waffle iron tomorrow morning before school for the kids. I made them exactly as stated except I doubled the recipe and Added vanilla (as I am a crazy vanilla lover) I also plan on separating into 3 bowls and stiring in sprinkles for one of my sons, chocolate chips for my other son and more than likely a spoon of Nutella for my daughter right befor I cook them. I will come back tomorrow after I actually cook them and let everyone know how they come out with the stir ins and the batter that was made the night before.
- 1 egg (or equivalent)
- 3⁄4 cup milk (can use lowfat or skim)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your waffle maker and set oven temp to"warm" (so you can keep the waffles warm while the others are cooking).
- Place all ingredients in a blender container.
- Cover and process at med-high speed until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not overblend.
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids.
- Close waffle maker gently and bake until steam no longer escapes (about 3-5 min).
- Remove waffle with a fork and place on baking sheet to keep warm in the oven.
- Garnish as desired and Enjoy!