Cornmeal just adds that extra crispness that I LOVE so much! I love these with some good quality all-fruit preserves. Yum!
- Preheat your waffle maker and set oven temp to"warm" (so you can keep the waffles warm while the others are cooking).
- Place all ingredients in a blender container.
- Cover and process at med-high speed until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not overblend.
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids.
- Close waffle maker gently and bake until steam no longer escapes (about 3-5 min).
- Remove waffle with a fork and place on baking sheet to keep warm in the oven.
- Garnish as desired and Enjoy!
Very nice, served topped with creamed chipped beef gravy. Next time I'll serve topped with chicken & gravy (and will definitely double the recipe, as this barely makes 4 full sized waffles). Would also be nice topped with honey & butter. Thanks for sharing!
This is THE perfect recipe for my cast-iron waffle iron. Wonderful!
Wow.. I can't believe I haven't reviewed these yet, I've been making them for several months as my standby-waffle. They're great! Crispy on the outside and waffle-esk in the middle. Very adaptable as well. I've done LF versions with skim milk/Smart Balance Light and Lower Carb/Whole Wheat version, both with equal success. Wonderful!