Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy Jamaican style breakfast porridge made with cornmeal and bananas. Enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 medium banana, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Equal sugar substitute
- Bring salted water to a boil.
- Combine cornmeal and flour together in a bowl.
- Add milk slowly to make a smooth paste.
- Stir cornmeal paste into boiling salted water.
- Cover and cook on slow heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in banana, vanilla, cinnamon, cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Sweeten with Equal.
- Serve hot.
Nice idea for cornmeal porridge, I'd never though of making it before, but you forgot the bananas! Lol, didn't matter that much to me since I love cinnamon so much (I missed out the coconut extract) and made it with soya milk, but it would be nice with a banana chopped into it too.