1 1/2 lb loaf
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
- 1 cup hominy, rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients, except the hominy, in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on dark and program for Basic or Fruit and Nut cycle; press Start.
- When the machine beeps, or between Knead 1 and Knead 2, add the hominy.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.