Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice crunchy crust on a moist tender roast.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless pork loin
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, roasted and crushed (or good powdered cumin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Mix cornmeal and cumin together.
- Turn pork in this mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet til hot but not smoking.
- Brown pork, turning, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a roasting pan.
- Roast at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes until internal temperature registers 155°F.
- Let stand 10 minutes loosely covered.
- Slice and serve.
This is my favorite Loin of Pork recipe. Living in the Southwest, however, I couldn't resist adding chili powder to the cumin mix. I bought some hot green chili powder in Hatch, NM last fall and have been adding this to the coating. I didn't realize until I reread the recipe today for the roasting temperature, that chili powder wasn't part of the original recipe. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
We're always on the lookout for interesting ways to use pork. This is easy and very tasty. Thanks!
This recipe was not only very easy to prepare but delicious as well....it was crusty on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside. Not at all spicy..cumin does not have a spicy flavor..very pleasantly seasoned ...will absolutely make this again!!!