Recipe by Tebo
A nice crunchy crust on a moist tender roast.
Top Review by Maeve R
This is my favorite Loin of Pork recipe. Living in the Southwest, however, I couldn't resist adding chili powder to the cumin mix. I bought some hot green chili powder in Hatch, NM last fall and have been adding this to the coating. I didn't realize until I reread the recipe today for the roasting temperature, that chili powder wasn't part of the original recipe. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless pork loin
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, roasted and crushed (or good powdered cumin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Mix cornmeal and cumin together.
- Turn pork in this mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet til hot but not smoking.
- Brown pork, turning, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a roasting pan.
- Roast at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes until internal temperature registers 155°F.
- Let stand 10 minutes loosely covered.
- Slice and serve.