Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These delicious muffins are served at the Lion House in Salt Lake City, and the recipe is from the Lion House Recipes Lite Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup white cornmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons white cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- Combine yogurt, milk, melted margarine, vanilla, and egg. Pour into well in dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin tins.
- Combine 1 tablespoon brown sugar with 2 teaspoons cornmeal; sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove muffins immediately from pans and cool on wire racks.