1/1 Photo of Cornish Pasty
1 hr 30 mins
Susan S's Note:
Recipe handed down from my great grandmother. Individual pasties were often made for lunches for the men in the fields or on the seas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
double pie crust
- 1Make pie crust: Mix flour by hand with 1/2 of shortening till crumbly.
- 2Add remaining shortening and continue to mix.
- 3Salt may be added to flour if desired.
- 4Add water- mix with fork until forms into a ball.
- 5Roll out into top and bottom crust.
- 6Or may use purchased crust.
- 7Preheat oven to 350.
- 8Put uncooked pie crust into bottom of 9" pie plate.
- 9Cover with a layer of sliced potatoes.
- 10Sprinkle with 1/3 of the onions.
- 11Crumble 1/2 ground chuck and spread over potatoes.
- 12Continue layering ending with potatoes and onions.
- 13Cover with top crust.
- 14Put a few holes in it for steam to escape.
- 15Bake approximately 1 1/2 hours until potatoes are soft.
- 16Let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
- 17Serve in slices as a pie with Chili Sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Pasty
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.6
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 337.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g