From the Telegraph Magazine (Daily Telegraph UK) 19th Aug 2006 in association with Waitrose promotion "Local Food Heroes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour and butter in food processor until mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2Slowly add egg yolk until mix holds together.
- 3Turn out onto lightly floured board and form a ball. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced) / 160°C gas / Mark 4.
- 5Roll out pastry and cut into 4 rounds.
- 6Chop cheese, apple, onion, potato into 1.5cm chunks. Season, and add sage.
- 7Divide filling between the four pastry rounds. Dampen pastry edges with water and draw the sides together, crimping the edges together to form pasties.
- 8Brush with egg glaze and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Pasties With Keltic Gold Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.4
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 488.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g