Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Telegraph Magazine (Daily Telegraph UK) 19th Aug 2006 in association with Waitrose promotion "Local Food Heroes".
- Combine flour and butter in food processor until mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add egg yolk until mix holds together.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board and form a ball. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced) / 160°C gas / Mark 4.
- Roll out pastry and cut into 4 rounds.
- Chop cheese, apple, onion, potato into 1.5cm chunks. Season, and add sage.
- Divide filling between the four pastry rounds. Dampen pastry edges with water and draw the sides together, crimping the edges together to form pasties.
- Brush with egg glaze and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden.