A welcoming treat anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, lean browned and drained
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (we used hy's)
- 1 teaspoon gravy beef base
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules, dissolved in
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 cup carrot, peeled, diced
- 4 tablespoons onions, minced finely
- 1 garlic clove, minced
never fail pastry
- 1FILLING: Brown and drain the ground beef.
- 2Measure seasonings, prepare veggies and put in dishes.
- 3Mix water and beef broth granules.
- 4Combine beef, seasonings and flour and stir well to coat.
- 5Add vegetables and beef broth mix and cook til veggies are crisp tender. Stir frequently to prevent sticking and burning.
- 6PASTRY: We make the pastry in 2 batches in the food processor.
- 7Beat the egg in a 2 cup measuring cup.
- 8Add very cold water to 1 cup measure.
- 9Add vinegar and stir.
- 10Put 2 1/2 cups flour in processor; add 1/2 the shortening and 1/2 salt. Pulse to a mealy texture.
- 11Divide liquid and add very slowly til machine starts to labor.
- 12Add liquid drip by drip til a lump forms and stays together.
- 13Remove pastry and repeat process.
- 14We use a large turn-over form that seals and cuts out the dough.
- 15Roll out 1/4 dough at a time on a heavy pastry cloth and using the turnover form.
- 16Cut out out circles.
- 17Place on form and put about 1 tbsp filling or a little less on dough.
- 18You should have a little egg mix left from pastry. Brush edges with this and close and seal pastie and place on baking sheets.
- 19Brush with milk.
- 20Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 143.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: