Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice filling take along meal that can be eaten hot or cold. Welsh miners used to take them for lunch. Note: Prep time includes rising time.
- Brown pork and onion in a large pan, crumbling as it cooks.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well and let cool.
- Use a long piece of thread or dental floss to cut the frozen bread dough into 1/2" slices.
- Pat each one out into a 6-7" circle.
- Place 1/2 cup of filling down the centre and bring each side up to the top.
- Pinch together to seal and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until bread is browned.
- Serve hot or cold.