Recipe by Mille®
The warm climate of Cornwall produces tender young vegetables earlier than other parts of the U.K. For a luxury touch, use clotted cream instead of double cream. Dress the potatoes while still warm, even if you are serving them cold, as this allows the flavours to be absorbed.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, yolks only
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anchovy essence (or 1 tbsp. chopped fresh herbs such as tarragon, chives, mint or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon tarragon vinegar or 1 teaspoon herb vinegar
- 5 fluid ounces double cream
- fresh chives, snipped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Mash the egg yolks, cayenne pepper and sugar to a paste with the anchovy essence, vinegar and 1 teaspoons of cold water; stir in the cream.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain thoroughly and toss with the dressing.
- Serve warm or cold, garnished with the snipped chives.
- For Vegearian option use the chopped fresh herbs.