Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A yummy crockpot main dish with dressing and a delicious sauce for basting and serving tableside too. Enjoy!
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix (prepare as directed using water & butter)
- 4 Cornish hens
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) jar currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Stuff hens with prepared stuffing; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place trivet or crumpled piece of heavy-duty foil in slow cooker, to keep hens from sitting in juices.
- If you're using a deep and narrow crockpot, put Cornish hens in neck-side down.
- In a 1-quart saucepan combine jelly, raisins, butter, lemon juice and allspice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until hot and simmering.
- Brush some of the sauce on hens in the crockpot.
- Keep remaining sauce in refrigerator until serving time.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, basting once about an hour before done. Bring remaining sauce to a boil and spoon over hens at serving time.