7 hrs 15 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
A yummy crockpot main dish with dressing and a delicious sauce for basting and serving tableside too. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix (prepare as directed using water & butter)
- 4 Cornish hens
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Stuff hens with prepared stuffing; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Place trivet or crumpled piece of heavy-duty foil in slow cooker, to keep hens from sitting in juices.
- 3If you're using a deep and narrow crockpot, put Cornish hens in neck-side down.
- 4In a 1-quart saucepan combine jelly, raisins, butter, lemon juice and allspice.
- 5Cook over low heat, stirring, until hot and simmering.
- 6Brush some of the sauce on hens in the crockpot.
- 7Keep remaining sauce in refrigerator until serving time.
- 8Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, basting once about an hour before done. Bring remaining sauce to a boil and spoon over hens at serving time.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Game Hens With Raisin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 248.4 mg
- Sodium 943.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 53.3 g