Cornish Game Hens With Preserved Lemons and Olives
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix onion, cliantro, ginger, garlic, saffron, paprika, olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Toss the chicken pieces to coat in mixture.
- Brown 3-4 chicken pieces at a time in a skillet over medium-heat.
- Once all pieces are browned, return all to skillet and cover with onion mixture and water. Cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven for another 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil olives, lemon peel and 1/4 c of the onion sauce in a small pan.
- Remove skillet from oven and remove chicken pieces from pan. Boil sauce in pan until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with olives and lemon peel.