Recipe by Mirj
These little babies are really cute and really delicious. Great for dinner parties or holiday meals.
Top Review by BarbaraK
I'm not sure what I expected when I used this recipe. The hens were indeed juicy. If I make it again, I think I'll double the sauce portion of it. It was easy to make and good, just not what I expected. I think I was expecting it to be more like sweet and sour. Like I said though, it was good.
- 3 (1 1/2 lb) Cornish hens
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove giblets.
- Rinse hens inside and out; pat dry.
- Cut each hen in half lengthwise.
- Place skin side up on broiler pan or in shallow roasting pan.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 8 to 10 minutes or until skin is crisp; drain.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place halves skin side up in ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; spoon over hens.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally.