1/2 Photos of Cornish Game Hens With Peach Glaze
3 hrs 45 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
These are delicious cornish game hens, They take awhile to prepare ,but, are worth it. I have tripled the recipe. these are a family favorite. I found the recipe some time ago on the web.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup peach preserves (can use Apricot)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1Cut the hens down the backbone (split).
- 2Brine the hens: dissolve the salt in water,put hens& salted water into large bowl.
- 3(I usually put them into a large plactic bag) refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- 4Remove hens, Rinse thoroughly, pat dry, prick the skin allover the breast and legs with point of paring knife.
- 5Melt the butter in small pan& mix with preserves.
- 6Add salt, pepper& basil.
- 7Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 8Place hens in shallow pan (I usually line pan with foil for easy clean-up).
- 9Rub hens with butter.
- 10Spoon butter& preserve mixture over hens.
- 11Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Game Hens With Peach Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1008.3
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 38.4 g
- Cholesterol 370.0 mg
- Sodium 19538.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 38.8 g
- Protein 48.7 g