Recipe by Barb G.
These are delicious cornish game hens, They take awhile to prepare ,but, are worth it. I have tripled the recipe. these are a family favorite. I found the recipe some time ago on the web.
Top Review by Vicki in Kansas Brown
I made this last night. I didn't have any peach preserves but I had some peach amaretto butter that I made last year so I used that instead. All my husband could say was WOW! This is a great recipe, I have some sand plum jelly I think I'll try next time. Thanks Barbara for a great recipe!
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1⁄3 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves (can use Apricot)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the hens down the backbone (split).
- Brine the hens: dissolve the salt in water,put hens& salted water into large bowl.
- (I usually put them into a large plactic bag) refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove hens, Rinse thoroughly, pat dry, prick the skin allover the breast and legs with point of paring knife.
- Melt the butter in small pan& mix with preserves.
- Add salt, pepper& basil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place hens in shallow pan (I usually line pan with foil for easy clean-up).
- Rub hens with butter.
- Spoon butter& preserve mixture over hens.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.