Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from a magazine and was simply called Cornish Game Hens but I added to the title to help differentiate it here. Sounds delicious but haven't made it yet but when I do, I will season the hens with some garlic powder too.
For the hens
- 6 (20 ounce) Cornish hens, 20 oz. each, cleaned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, can use margarine
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
For the Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- To make the hens, place them on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Tie legs together with kitchen cord if desired.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper(and garlic powder if using).
- Combine the butter, orange juice and honey and spoon over the hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. and juices run clear, basting every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, combine the orange juice, honey and vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a cup until smooth; stir into the orange juice mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with the hens.