Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I developed this recipe. This is a great way to impress your guest or guests. If you have more people for dinner, adjust all the amounts of the ingredients.
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white grape jelly
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in tbsp. water)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- small clusters grapes (to garnish)
- fresh herb (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse the hens& pat dry inside& outside with paper towel.
- Place hens on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Season hens equally with salt, pepper, garlic, tarragon, rosemary, sage, thyme& paprika.
- Roast in oven until golden brown, or until juice runs clear& not red when hens are punctured between the thigh& breast.
- While the birds are in the oven, using a double boiler, melt the butter& stir in the flour.
- Once blended, add the chicken stock or broth& allow the mixture to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add the grape jelly, grape juice, sugar& the dissolved cornstarch.
- Continue to cook& stir until thickened again.
- To serve, pour some of the sauce onto the 2 plates.
- Place the hens on top of the sauce& then pour the rest of the sauce over the hens.
- Garnish the plates with a few small clusters of grapes& a few sprigs of herbs if desired.