Recipe by MizzNezz
Found this in the newspaper years ago. One of my husband's all time favorites. SO easy to make! Brown rice is a good side dish with this.
Top Review by Donna
This was so good... and simple as she says, I will be making this again very soon... thanks! I have revised my previous review, this is every bit worth 5 stars instead of the 4 I gave it to begin with.
- 2 Cornish hens
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 (17 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 ounces feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut hens in half.
- Salt and pepper.
- In large heavy skillet with a lid, heat oil.
- Brown the hens on both sides.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add onions to the pan, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, and oregano, stir well.
- Return hens.
- Sprinkle the feta on hens.
- Spoon sauce over the hens.