Recipe by MNLisaB
Very simple dish that calls for an orange marmalade and ginger glaze, and would make an ideal holiday dish for two, or you could easily double. This is from a newspaper recipe I've had for years.
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) Cornish hens
- salt, for cavity
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
Creamy Orange Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Rinse hens and salt the cavity and outside of birds.
- Place in a shallow, oiled baking pan.
- Brush hens with 2 TBS melted butter.
- Bake in 350* oven for an hour, until golden brown.
- Brush hens with 1/4 cup of the orange marmalade and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, melt 2 TBS butter in a small saucepan, over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and ginger, then gradually add the milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stiring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup marmalade, then pour the sauce over the game hens.